Friday 4 August 2017

It's August... high time for a recipe round-up

Hi readers!


How are things today? And how’s your week been, have you had a good one? I hope it’s been stand out! Mine’s been interesting as we’ve been making some design improvements to the office at work, in aid of a client visiting. It’s been a week of photo hanging and plant potting! But the place is looking great now and the visit went well, so we live to fight on.

Do you? Are you well and wonderful and filled with the joys of a Friday afternoon, readers? That’s right – as I type we’re allllmost there. The weekend is just minutes away! Feels good, right? I’m heading to yoga this evening and cannot wait to stretch out and put a stop to all the work-related chatter going on in my head!

How about you, eh? What are you looking forward to this weekend, readers? Is it donning your cosy PJs, or getting your glad rags on maybe? Perhaps it’s running a bath or crawling into bed with no alarm set? Or possibly (after bath and bed) getting up off your bum this weekend and heading out on a big walk or a cycle, or running your little legs far and wide?

I’ve lined up a weekend full of car shopping, readers. Exciting – not at all – but at the end of it I’m going to buy my first car. Yayyayyayyay… I’m the most eager beaver in the world. A car all of my own! A car for me! A car I can drive, with no trains and no buses, no soggy clothes and no muddy shoes. A sane commute like normal people have – hoorrayyyy!

Whatever the weekend you may have planned, readers, I bet it’s going to be great. At some point – even if it isn’t for long – the sun will shine. And there will be wine. And you’ll have no reason to answer emails. The act of answering emails will in fact be frowned upon. Instead, you can be you. And – of course – you’ll be simply fabulous!

While chilling out being fab I though mayyyybe there might be time for a little recipe-ing? A little philandering in the kitchen? Treating yourself to some tasty food over the weekend?
Why, of course! So – I’ve taken a look around the UK food-related blogosphere for the best-looking recipes posted this last week.

There have been a LOT of recipes posted for desserts this week – which I’m taking as a sign. Here are ten tempting recipes for desserts, which you might find the time for this weekend…


2.     Chocolate Peanut Butter NICE Cream on the Spoonful of Happy blog

3.     Vegan Strawberry Shortcake Cookies on the My Primrose Hill Kitchen blog

4.     Salted Caramel and Peanut Butter Ice Cream Bars on the Fitness Forster blog

5.     No-Bake Strawberry & ‘Cream’ Tartlets on the Nutritiously Naughty blog

6.     Triple Chocolate Orange Pinwheel Cookies on the Only Crumbs Remain blog

7.     Raw Liquorice, Blackberry & Coconut Cheesecake on the Spamella B blog

8.     Chocolate Tahini Doughnuts (Vegan & GlutenFree) on the Nadia’s Healthy Kitchen blog

9.     S’mores Brownies with Bahlsen on the Miss Pond blog

I can’t pick a favourite, readers, but I am a chocaholic at heart so there could be a chocolatey recipe on the horizon I feel… to pick me back up after the stress of car shopping. We shall see!

If you have the time, please do take a look at these lovely blogs, readers, and I hope you’re inspired to perhaps give a dessert recipe a try. Fingers crossed it goes well!

Cake galore – have a brilliant weekend, readers.

Bake safely,


Hayley


No comments:

Post a Comment